Professor (Environmental Engineering)
Herbert H. P. FANG
BS, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
MS, University of Rochester, New York, U.S.A.
PhD, University of Rochester, New York, U.S.A.
FHKIE, MASCE, MIWA
Office: HW 6-29
Phone: +852 28592660
Fax: +852 25595337
- CIVL 1005 Environmental Engineering
- CIVL 2001 Engineering Design and Communication
- CIVL 3013 Final Year Project
- CIVL 6006 Advanced Water and Wastewater Treatment
- CIVL 6023 Environmental Chemistry
- CIVL 6061 Special Topic in Environmental Engineering
- Biofilm and biocorrosion
- Biohydrogen production
- Environmental biotechnology
- Resource recovery from waste and wastewater
- Sediment remediation, wastewater treatment
Research / Consultancy Projects
- Biofilm corrosion of metals in polluted seawater
- Biodegradation of endocrine disrupters in landfill leachate
- Immobilization of biomass for hydrogen production from wastewater
- Phototrophic hydrogen production from acidified wastewater
- Bioremediation of contaminated sediment by denitrification
- Fang, HHP (2010) ed.Environmental Anaerobic Technology, ISBN: 978-1-84816-542-7, Imperial College Press, London.
Xia Y, Cai L, Zhang T, Fang, HHP. 2012. Effects of substrate loading and co-substrates on thermophilic anaerobic conversion of microcrystalline cellulose and microbial communities revealed using high-throughput sequencing.
International Journal of Hydrogen Energy. 37(18), 13652-13659.
Yang Y, Zhang T, Zhang XX, Liang DW, Zhang M, Gao DW, Zhu HG, Huang QG, Fang, HHP. 2012. Quantification and characterization of ¦Á-lactam resistance genes in 15 sewage treatment plants from East Asia and North America.
Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. 95(5), 1351-1358.
Lu, XY, Li, B., Zhang, T. and Fang, HHP (2012) Enhanced anoxic bioremediation of PAHs-contaminated sediment,
Bioresource Technology, 104, 51-58.
Li, R.Y., Zhang, T. and Fang, HHP (2011) Application of molecular techniques on heterotrophic hydrogen production research,
Bioresource Technology, 102(18), 8445-8456.
Lu, X.Y., Zhang T. and Fang, H.H.P. (2011). Bacteria-mediated PAH degradation in soil and sediment.
Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology, 89(5), 1357-1371.
Zhang, T. Chao, Y.Q., Shih, K. Li, X.Y. and Fang, HHP (2011) Quantification of the lateral detachment force for bacteria cells using atomic force microscope and centrifugation.
Ultramicroscopy, 111, 131-139.
Li, RY. and Fang, HHP (2009). Heterotrophic photo fermentative hydrogen production.
Critical Reviews in Environmental Science and Technology, 39(12), 1081-1108.
Zhang, T., Zhang, M., Zhang, X. X., and Fang, HHP (2009). Tetracycline resistance genes and tetracycline resistant lactose-fermenting Enterbacteriaceae in activated sludge of sewage treatment plants.
Environmental Science and Technology, 43(10), 3455-3460.
Li, B, Zhang, T, Xu, ZY. and Fang, HHP (2009). Rapid analysis of 21 antibiotics of multiple classes in municipal wastewater using ultra performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry,
Analytica Chimca Acta, 645(1-2), 64-72.
Shao, MF, Zhang, T. and Fang, HHP (2009). Autotrophic denitrification and its effect on metal speciation during marine sediment remediation, Water Research, 43(12), 2961-2968.
More information of Ir Professor
Herbert H. P. Fang is available at: http://web.hku.hk/~hrechef/