Honorary Professor (Special Advisor)
Ir Peter K. K. LEE
MSc, the University of Surrey, U.K.
FHKIE, FICE, FIStructE, RPE (Civil & Structural), AP, RSE
Class 1 Registered Structural Engineer (PRC), PEng
Office: HW 6-09
Phone: +852 28591979
Fax: +852 25595337
- CIVL 1002 Construction Materials
- CIVL 1003 Engineering Drawing
- CIVL 2001 Engineering Design and Communication
- CIVL 2006 Soil Mechanics
- CIVL 3005 Earthwork Engineering
- CIVL 3008 Foundation Engineering
- CIVL 3023 Inter-disciplinary Design Project
- Pile founations and foundation engineering
- Ground modification techniques and earthwork engineering
- Concrete and reinforced concrete structures
- Laboratory testing techniques
- Field monitoring and investigation
Research / Consultancy Projects
- Confirmatory experimental and field assessments of the following piling systems for adoption by the local
construction industry: (1) prestressed concrete spun piles; (2) coated steel pipe piles for reduction of
negative skin friction; (3) steel H-piles; and (4) jacked piles
- Shock vibration resistance of green concrete
- Minimizing shrinkage cracks in concrete structures
- Evaulation of the suitabiity of building components including falsework
- Field monitoring of load transfer characteristics of piles
- Structural health monitoring of long-span bridges
- Land development by environmental vacuum preloading technique
- Pilot test analysis for use of public fill in seawall foundation
Yeung, A.T., Tham, L.G., Lee, P.K.K., Mok, K.Y., and Pei, G. (2007). "Use of inert C&D materials for seawall foundation:
Quality control measures."
Waste Management, 27(6), 768-777.
Ng, A.M.Y., Yeung, A.T., Lee, P.K.K., and Tham, L.G. (2006). "Design, fabrication, and assembly of a large oedometer."
Geotechnical Testing Journal,
ASTM, 29(4), 298-305.
Yang, J., Tham, L.G., Lee, P.K.K., Chan, S.T., and Yu, F. (2006). "Behaviour of jacked and driven piles in sany soil."
G¨¦otechnique, 56(4), 245-259.
Yang, J., Tham, L.G., Lee, P.K.K., and Yu, F. (2006). "Observed performance of long steel H-piles jacked into sandy soils."
Journal of Geotechnical and
Geoenvironmental Engineering, ASCE, 132(1), 24-35.
Yeung, A.T., Mok, K.Y., Tham, L.G., Lee, P.K.K., and Pei, G. (). "Use of inert C&D materials for seawall foundation:
A field-scale pilot test." Resources,
Conservation and Recycling, 47(4), 375-393.
Ugwu, O.O., Kumaraswamy, M.M., Ng, T.S.T., and Lee, P.K.K. (2006). Information and Communication Technology Applications in Construction.
HKU CICID, Hong Kong.
Lee, P.K.K., Tham, L.G., Chan, S.T., Yu, F., and Yang, J. (2004). "Recent field study on the behaviour of jacked piles."
The Structural Engineers,
Tham, L.G., Liu, H., Tang, C., Lee, P.K.K., and Tsui, Y. (2004). "On tension failure of 2-D rock specimens and associated
acoustic emission." Rock Mechanics and
Rock Engineering, 38(1), 1-19.
Chen, S., Yue, Q.Z.Q., Tham, L.G., and Lee, P.K.K. (2004). "Modeling of the indirect tensile test for inhomogeneous granite
using a digital image-based numerical method." International Journal of Rock Mechanics & Mining Sciences, 41(3), 447.
Su, C., Han, D.J., Yan, Q.S., Au, F.T.K., Tham, L.G., Lee, P.K.K., Lam, K.M., and Wong, K.Y. (2003). "Wind-induced
vibration analysis of the Hong Kong Ting Kau Bridge." ICE Proceedings Structures and Buildings, 156(3), 263-272.