Professor (Water and Environmental Engineering)
Professor X. Y. LI
BSc (Eng), Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
MS (Eng), Tsinghua Unviersity, Beijing, China
PhD, the University of Arizona, Tucson, U.S.A.
Office: HW 6-01
Phone: +852 28592659
Fax: +852 25595337
- CIVL 2001 Engineering Design and Communication
- CIVL 3011 Municipal and Industrial Wastewater Treatment
- CIVL 3021 Water Resources Engineering
- CIVL 6034 Municipal Wastewater Treatment
- CIVL 6051 Water Quality Modelling
- Particle phenomena: coagulation
- Sedimentation and pollutant-sediment interactions
- Advanced Oxidation Processes (AOP) in water and wastewater treatment and disinfection
- Membrane technology in water and wastewater treatment
Research / Consultancy Projects
- Coagulation of screened sewage particulates from marine outfall discharges
- Electrochemical disinfection of saline sewage effluent: mechanisms and pilot study
- Nutrient transformation during the decay of settled algae in the ephemeral sediment after algal blooms
- Sludge granulation in biological wastewater treatment: technology, mechanisms and characterization
- Characterisation of wastewater organic pollutants as the disinfection by-product precursors in surface water resources
- Li, X.Y., and Yang, S.F. (2006). "Influence of loosely bound extracellular polymeric substances (EPS) on the flocculation,
sedimentation and dewaterability of activated sludge." Water Research, 41, 1022-1030.
- Li, X.Y., and Wang, X.M. (2006). "Modelling of membrane fouling in a submerged membrane bioreactor."
J. Membrane Science, 278, 151-161.
- Wang, Y.H., Chan, K.Y., Li, X.Y., and So, S.K. (2006). "Electrochemical degradation of 4-chlorophenol at
nickel-antimony doped tin oxide electrode." Chemosphere, 65, 1087-1093.
- Li, X.Y., and Leung, R.P.C. (2005). "Determination of the fractal dimension of microbial flocs from the change in
their size distribution after breakage." Environmental Science & Technology, 39, 2731-2735.
- Chu, H.P., and Li, X.Y. (2005). "Membrane fouling in a membrane bioreactor (MBR): sludge cake formation and fouling
characteristics." Biotechnology & Bioengineering, 90, 323-331.
- Li, X.Y., Diao, H.F., Fan, X.J., Gu, J.D., Ding, F., and Tong, A.S.F. (2004). "Electrochemical wastewater
disinfection: identification of its principal germicidal actions." J. Environmental Engineering
, ASCE, 130, 1217-1221.
- Li, X.Y., Zhang, J.J., and Lee, J.H.W. (2004). "Modelling particle size distribution dynamics in marine waters."
Water Research, 38, 1305-1317.
- Zhang, J.J., and Li, X.Y. (2003). "Modeling particle size distribution dynamics in a flocculation system."
AIChE J., 49, 1870-1882.
- Li, X.Y., Yuan, Y., and Wang, H.W. (2003). "The hydrodynamics of biological aggregates of different sludge ages:
An insight into the mass transport mechanisms of bio-aggregates." Environmental Science &
Technology, 37, 292-299.
- Li, X.Y., and Yuan, Y. (2002). "Collision frequencies of microbial aggregates with small particles by differential
sedimentation." Environmental Science & Technology, 36, 387-393.
More information of Professor X.Y. Li is available at
http://web.hku.hk/~xlia and HKU Scholars Hub.