Professor (Structural Engineering)
Professor S.H. LO
BSc (Eng), The University of Hong Kong, China
MPhil, The University of Hong kong, China
Doc-Ing, Ecole Nationale des ponts et Chaussees, France
Office: HW 6-19A
Phone: +852 28591977
Fax: +852 25595337
- CIVL 1001 Computer Applications in Civil Engineering
- CIVL 2001 Engineering Design and Communication
- CIVL 3001 Advanced Engineering Mechanics
- CIVL 3023 Inter-disciplinary Design Project
- CIVL 6002 Advanced Finite Elements
- CIVL 6026 Finite Element Method
- Large deformation problems
- Structural analysis
- Finite element mesh generation
- Adaptive analysis
- Computer graphics
- Computer-aided design/analysis
- Structural dynamics
Research / Consultancy Projects
- Adaptive refinement finite element analysis for three-dimensional problems
- Analysis of building structures using hybrid stress hexahedral elements
- Coupling micromechanics of multiple inhomogeneities for the design of smart composite materials
- Three-dimensional vibration analysis of structural components using Chebyshev polynomials
- Analysis of transfer plate structures using high-performance solid 3D hybrid stress hexahedral elements
Lo, S.H., Wan, K.H., and Sze, K.Y. (2006). "Adaptive refinement analysis using hybrid-stress transition elements."
Computer and Structures, 84(31-32), 2212-2230.
Lo, S.H., Dong, C.Y., and Cheung, Y.K. (2005). "Integral equation approach for 3D multiple-crack problems."
Engineering Fracture Mechanics, 72, 1830-1840.
Lo, S.H., and Wang, W.X. (2005). "Generation of tetrahedral mesh of variable element size by sphere packing over an
unbounded 3D domain." Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering,
Lo, S.H.., and Wang, W.X. (2003). "An algorithm for the intersection of quadrilateral surfaces by tracing of neighbours."
Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engg., 192, 2319-2338.
Lo, S.H. (2001). "3D anisotropic mesh refinement in compliance with a general metric specification."
Finite Elements Analysis and Design, 38, 3-19.
Lo, S.H. (1995). "Automatic mesh generation over intersecting surfaces."
International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 38, 943-954.
Lo, S.H. (1992). "Geometrically nonlinear formulation of 3D finite strain beam element with large rotations."
Computers & Structures, 44(1/2), 147-157.
Lo, S.H. (1991). "Automatic mesh generation and adaptation by using contour."
International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 31, 689-707.
Lo, S.H. (1988). "Stress evaluation algorithm for rate constitutive equations in finite deformation analysis."
International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 26, 121-141.
Lo, S.H. (1985). "A new mesh generation scheme for arbitrary planar domain."
International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, 21, 1403-1426.